Tuesday, 24 November 2015

Elves workshop open !!

My Xmas preparations are underway and my husband always calls my sewing room the "elves workshop " at this time of the year as I flit from one project to the next with both sewing machines being used and Spotify playing all my favourite tunes. 

I have been busy the last few weeks since my last post - finding more "me" time now that my Mum is feeling a bit better. However she is having further surgery next week so I decided to get a move on and get some sewing done as well as crocheting and knitting in the evening. 


 I have made some little jackets for my little niece plus a lovely cuddly ! I am really into crocheting again and there are some great crochet patterns out there on the Internet. I am current making a Sleeping bag type "thingy" - just need to finish the hood. 

I finished off my LakeHouse quilt and it is ready for my friends 70 th birthday in January. I really enjoyed the free emotion quilting on this one and did a meandering rose instead of just stippling. 


I also managed to finish my bed runner I started at the last quilt retreat so along with the new cushions the spare room has had a bit of a makeover. 



My Xmas preparations include some machine embroidery decorations and some new  table wear for the Xmas table. 






I also posted my secret Santa parcel to Rachel - and I am waiting for mine to arrive! I love having some little gifts to myself on Xmas day! 


I am planning on making some new bags for  my sister in law and daughter for Xmas but no Xmas cards this year as I've decided to give them a miss. So a busy time on the sewing machine with breaks to go shopping when the weather is ok. I usually go to the Knitting and Stitching Show at Harrogate which is on at the end of the week but I am not happy at the increase in the admission cost along with parking charges in Harrogate so think I will be giving it a miss. An excuse for wandering the web and spending my pennies on some of my favourite web sewing shops!

Pauline

1 comment:

  1. What beautiful projects you have finished Pauline! I particularly like the Lakehouse quilt... beautiful colours. Enjoy the rest of your week! Christine x

    ReplyDelete