Tuesday, 13 October 2015

The big ONE!

It's been a while since I found time to post as I have been helping to care for my Mum after her operation but I managed to finish my sister-in- laws' quilt and get it posted off to her just a little late for her birthday. 
I enjoyed making the twister quilt and plan to make another one soon in rich reds and greens. 
I also finished off two baby quilts for presents for my daughter's friends using two easy finish patterns.


So why the title of this post ??? 

Well it is my 60th birthday tomorrow !! Can't believe I am all grown up but it's a shock to the system! 

But my family planned this great weekend for me -  we all met up for the weekend in London and they organised for me and my husband to have afternoon tea at Fortumn and Mason and then go to a show in the west end. 

Then we spent Saturday at Richmond park and spotted lots of deer - some who got a bit too close for comfort!! 
Then finally a lovely meal at a pub on the canal. 
It was such a lovely time to spend with both of my kids plus their partners and then it was home yesterday by train. 

Then at my new quilt group today I had a birthday cake thanks to my good friend Audrey so that was a lovely thought.  We started up this new group and this wasonly our second meeting but it  looks as if it will be another great group of people to sit and sew with. 

I received a card today from my son which he had had made which is a collage of photos and shows the whole family at various ages on family holidays and his recent wedding to Hayley and is a great momento! 
So maybe being reminded how old you are is not so bad when you realise all these people love and care for you. 
So here's to the future !! 
Pauline 





8 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!!! And remember...60 is the new 40 :-) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks - I don't even feel 40 inside !

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday! I love your twister quilt, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon -and it's nice to get something finished to show

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Many thanks and thanks for being such a good friend recently

      Delete