Monday, 27 April 2015

Sunburnt in the Lakes!

We have just returned from what must have been the most unseasonal period we have ever spent in the Lake District. Despite this area being renowned for the rain we saw glorious sunshine for 7 days!  At times it was even too hot to sit outside our caravan in the afternoons. We did a lot of walking but I got burnt on my chest as I did not expect it to be so hot in April.  It has now turned very cold since we got home so the heating is back on. !!

 Buttermere


Rydal  Water
Near Wordsworth's house but no daffodils out yet! 



This is my hubby in his new cap he had to buy 
to keep the sun off his head - not something he has bothered with before but he looks like he could be sitting outside having coffee somewhere abroad instead of in Keswick in April!! 





This is the latest photo of my new niece Tilly - now 3 weeks old - just because I think she is adorable. 


I have been involved in a few postcard, ATC and pin cushion swaps and these are some of the things I  recived recently






This ATC from Kathie is just stunning - it is just like a Clarice  Cliff  piece of China. 




I have been trying to find inspriation to start making some items for a forthcoming coffee morning a friend is organising and I am helping with a craft stall. 
I came across these wristlet bags on Sharon's blog at Vroomans Quilts and made two very quickly so I intend making a few more.  I am also knitting some lovely little owls. 

So a good holiday with lots of walking to set me up for a few weeks of hectic sewing until the next trip to Northumberland.

Thanks for stopping by
Pauline

5 comments:

  1. Glad you had lovely weather for your get away. What a sweet babe - you just can smell new baby(love that smell). Wow - you have two wristlets made already!! Mine are prepped for sewing time tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the idea and the heads up over where to find the pattern - they make up really quickly once you cut out all the different pieces.

      Delete
  2. Tilly is so cute. Love to watch them sleep.
    Oh my. Two wristlets! I want to start making some in May because they look like great little Christmas gifts : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes they make up quickly once you cut the pieces out carefully and label them- as I know to my cost!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful area you spent your little vacation at , imagine while you were getting a sunburn we were getting snow . Tilley sure is adorable :-) The little bags are just sweet .

    ReplyDelete