Thursday, 2 October 2014

Scarborough success!

We had another great quilting weekend at Cober Hill - to the point that I am now planning two for 2015 and these will be longer ones!    It was very sunny and warm all weekend which added to the enjoyment of the stay although most of us saw very little of the sun apart from our walks to the dining room!!  Some more energetic girls went for an early morning walk down to the beach near by.





I managed to get my Map of the World top appliquéd and it  provoked a lot of discussion - I think it will be great when it is quilted and ideal for my friend's 9 year old grandson.




My dresden fan quilt did not get much work done on it so I want to do some more of that this weekend at our usual Saturday group.




I am going to make some smaller ones to scatter across the background.  I decided I did not want to do a more traditional dresden with all the blocks the same and think they will look good on this dark blue background fabric. 


We managed another completed group quilt top from another Bonnie K. Hunter  design and I will quilt it and bind it as soon as I find the time.




 This week since getting back has been so busy -as along with catching up with everyday things -we also had  to drive over to Lancashire to pick up my "big brother " machine after it was serviced by Keith Lord. He does such a great job and it is purring along nicely now so ready for all these tops I need to quilt.

So another great weekend with lovely people, great food and great weather. Let's hope next years are as good.

Thanks for stopping by
Pauline



8 comments:

  1. Lucky you , the retreat sounded like a huge success . Your world map is amazing and I love the scrappy quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila - I am looking forward to getting these quilted

      Delete
  2. Congratulations - sounds like a big success if you are planning two next year. I, too, love the world map quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will look good once it is quilted

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on the success. Awesome world map. Beautiful fans and BH quilt top. Looks like a very good week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone certainly seemed to enjoy it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a fun weekend. I'm interested to see how you are going to quilt your amazing world quilt.
    Love the Dresdens-as I was reading I was thinking, Í hope you are going to use a dark background, as I thought that would really make them pop, and then I kept reading and Voila! It's going to be great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pauline. It's me again. Thank you for your sweet comment on my last post. I tried to reply but for some reason you are now a no-reply blogger. This has never happened before. Something changed your blog settings. Sharon Vrooman has a link on the side of her blog with instructions about fixing that. I had to use it once. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete