Thursday, 23 October 2014

Bloggers' Quilt Festival Autumn 2104

HI

 I have entered my recent MAP of the World quilt in the SMALL QUILT category - which I started on a recent weekend retreat with my Quilt Group.  It is a pattern I found on Pinterest provided very generously for free  by the two sisters Shauna and Morgan  at ShwinandShwin.com.   Printing it out took ages as it is 32 pages long  which then all  have to be stuck together!!.   But it  was great fun to do and I tried to choose interesting fabrics to make it come alive.

It is a gift  for my best friend's 8 year old grandson Ben and I have added a hanging sleeve  so he can have it on his bedroom wall.  He is a great little chap and is a cub scout and interested in lots of different things including nature and animals.

It was quilted  with my favourite sewing machine stitch for quilting on my Brother Innovis-1e -the  serpentine stitch which I think made the large areas look like waves and anchored down the raw edge appliqué for the continents.  It was tricky trying to include as many of  the small islands as possible  but I hope it covers most of the main regions.

Please stop by and have a look at all the other quilts in the Festival and a big thank-you to Amy at Amy's Creative Side  for arranging it again.

Pauline




15 comments:

  1. That's a nice map quilt. 32 pages for a pattern is a lot. Good job on the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very good map for learning about the continents. Which type of appliqué did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great Pauline- well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SO COOL. It immediately caught my eye in the link-up. What a thoughtful gift for Ben. You did an amazing job. This is art!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your map quilt is really cool! I've been thinking about maps lately and was thrilled to see yours when I clicked through at the BQF.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cool! All those different fabrics really make it special!!
    Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As a geographer, I can only say that your quilt map is gorgeous!
    Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow , that is so neat Pauline , great job ! All the best in the quilters festival .

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful project and a great gift for a child's room!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow 32 pages lol! but look how you came out! fantastic!
    Helen

    ReplyDelete