Thursday, 25 September 2014

Getting ready for Quilt Retreat

I have been  busy since we got back home preparing for my weekend away with our quilt group. Which projects to take and what to pack have been obsessing me for the last two days. I have so many ideas for quilts I would like to make but have to be realistic and have packed my Kaffe Dresedens, the  World Map Quilt from a  pattern from Schwim and Schwim  and a new Moda Blog along Star quilt using a layer cake which has been appearing in blog land during September.

I have also decided to try out a ice breaking game during the weekend as we have 4 new people in the group so I have been scouring the internet for an idea. I'm not sure how the group will respond but I have made  goody packs for everyone who joins in - they contain fat quarters, tape measures etc and  some finger pincushions I saw on Caroline Foster's blog.




We also plan to make a group charity quilt again - another one for Siblings Together as it proved a popular project last time. 




This is my hubby modelling one of the pincushions ! 



I have only managed a couple of finishes over the summer and I am waiting for my big brother machine to come back from its service to do some quilting. 

This is one waiting to be quilted - my Honey Bee baby quilt 




My mini Liberty sampler - each block only measure 4 .5 inches



Autumn postcard swap



I joined Sheila's Autumn    postcard swap and received this lovely card from Linda in Nova Scotia. 

So looking forward to another great weekend of quilting, eating and chatting!! 
Thanks for stopping by 
Pauline 

4 comments:

  1. Lucky you going on retreat , hope you have a wonderful productive time . Love your quilts , the mini Liberty sampler is adorable , so tiny , yikes those pieces must have been super small . Cute postcard from Linda :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila - really enjoy these times away with the " girls"

      Delete
  2. You always have a fun retreat - well done on you. Love the postcard. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my. What cute little pincushions! Love your Honey Bee Baby Quilt. Can't imaging those tiny pieces in the mini Liberty sampler.
    Have a wonderful time at retreat : )

    ReplyDelete