Tuesday, 5 August 2014

What happened to JULY?

Where did July go ??   I can't believe it is August already and I do not seem to have achieved much while it has been so unusually hot here in the UK.

We had a lovely 10 days in Norfolk at Sandringham -on the Royal estate.  The campsite was lovely and we walked up to Sandringham House one day and looked around the gardens and museum but Liz and Phil were not there to offer tea!!

We  visited lots of lovely places along the North Norfolk coast but   the weather was so hot !!  I know now why we caravan in the UK  rather than go abroad as neither of us like hot weather.  

But we are getting  ready to go off again to the Lake Distict and I am  sure we will not experience  weather as warm over there. Might even have the energy to do some walking!


This is a photo which was posted on the Siblings2gether twitter feed with a picture of the quilts our quilt group sent.   We had a lovely letter from Della thanking us for our quilts and we hope the children at the summer camps will love them. The group have almost completed another  6 so we hope to get them off soon.

This shows the state  of my work table - lots of UFO's and some I can't show as they are for the two secret swaps I am in -so they are hidden under my  my beachball  blocks.  This is a  Jenny Doan  Pattern which I saw on YouTube and just had to start it. But it still has a long way to go!
Then there  are  the honeybee quilt blocks  made from a jelly roll .......


I cannot decide whether to add yellow sashing or white??

I have also done some embroidery for a card and bottle bag for a friend of my Mum who is 80 soon.


This is my new Bag - I didn't make it but bought it while on holiday to take with me to the FESTIVAL of
QUILTS on Thursday!!!  I am so excited and only 2 sleeps to go as my friend Audrey said this morning!
This is the biggest quilting event in the UK and I have always wanted to go and this year I am going with a lovely group of quilters  on a coach.  It is about a 3-4 hour drive from North Yorkshire but it will be great to get to see all the wonderful quilts and of course SHOP!

Might even bump into Bonnie Hunter who blogs at Quiltville Quips and Snips who is touring the UK at the moment and is posting on her blog about her adventures in the UK.

See you after Birmingham.

Pauline


3 comments:

  1. Summer is for travel and vacations - so enjoy. All those blocks and projects will wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have FuN travelling in your van... fingers crossed for good weather too!
    Love the cute quilts on the go. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that beautiful card, I'm sure your Mum's friend will too!

    ReplyDelete