Wednesday, 18 June 2014

Siblings Together quilts off to London!

I just wanted to post a quick update about our quilt groups efforts to make some quilts for Siblings Together.  I parcelled up 7 quilts today to begin their journey to London and I hope they will provide some comfort to the children who will be attending the summer camps this summer which this great charity organise.

There were two group quilts and the rest were made by myself or by the wonderful Audrey who lives  in York.







We are so pleased that we have been able to help and look forward to joining in next year.

I am pressing on with the wedding present quilt for my friend's son's wedding in October and have now quilted around all the hearts and across the square blocks so just need to add some more infill quilting and then bind it.



We have been away to the Lake District but I am keen to get some sewing done before our next trip to Norfolk next month. 
I have joined Cheryl's Santa Sack Swop again for the 4th  year as I just love  the surprise of opening the packages from my swop partner and also the fun making  up the gifts to send.  I have been paired with the lovely Gina in Wales so I will be busy looking for some ideas to start making over next few weeks.  

From sunny North Yorkshire 
Pauline

3 comments:

  1. What lovely quilts for Siblings together , what a great cause and a great effort on your part as well as your friends . The wedding quilt is gorgeous :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilts are lovely and your effort will be appreciated I'm sure.
    I hope playing in the SSS this year will be FUN again for you... & I thank you for each year of wonderful swapping too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful comfort quilts. I'm sure they will be appreciated. Such a great cause.

    ReplyDelete