I pulled some coordinating prints from my own stash and set to work printing out the paper. I managed to get one cross started and this will be a great hand sewing project to take away with me on our first caravan trip this weekend and perhaps be the on-going project for this summer as it will be portable and easy to carry with me.
I finished the Wacky House quilt despite being driven mad by the spotty backing - I could not get it straight but persevered and it does not look too bad. This is the first of my quilts for Siblings Together and I hope to get the second one finished at the Quilt Retreat next weekend. We will also be trying to get two group quilts done as well during the weekend.
"Florry " has been busy helping me with a summer top for my daughter - it makes it a lot easier having something to model it on and get the shoulders right. I might never make the Great British Sewing Bee which reaches its final next week - but it has been good to try some dressmaking for a change. This just needs the short sleeves adding.