Monday, 6 January 2014

Happy new year !!!

Happy new year to everyone who stops by - I am just about back to normal after colds and coughs over Xmas and trying hard to get back up to speed.  The weather is still dreadful but we have not had it as bad as people living in the South of the UK with floods and lack of electricity or the severe snow storms in North America.

I had lots of nice goodies for Xmas from the family including some great quilting books and some fabric as well. So I have no excuse for not having any ideas and have already finished a cushion from one of the books I received.



The other BOM I have started is the Hexi Blog BOM and the first block was quick to do and reminds me of a snowflake .

  I am using the Vilene quick screen grid which I came across at the Knitting and

stitching show last autumn- it is great to use instead of paper as you can leave it in for stability. 




There are lots of BOM's and quilt alongs in blog land but I am trying to limit myself  but the the Quilt Show block of the month alphabet quilt has also tempted me as I think will be a good project for me when I'm at my monthly group.




Then I have a couple of WIP's to finish and I am planning on sticking to some small projects such as mini quilts, wall hangings and bags until I can get my 3 big quilts quilted and finished!!!

BUT I succumbed to a new app for my iPad and it might tempt me to start a new quilt - it's called
Quiltography and it's brilliant !!!!
I have considered it for a while but decided to give it a go and have spent all afternoon adding fabric so that I can use some of the Moda ready cuts I have saved up for special projects.



 It's a great tool and so easy - I have Quilt pro 6 but this will be great for sitting in my chair with my iPad with my feet up instead of hunched over the PC .
This is a snap of the first quilt i did  in about 5 minutes after downloading it. You can easily import your fabrics so you get a good idea of  how a quilt will look very quickly.





But then this morning a new magazine arrived and I fell in love with the Chines Lanterns quilt which I feel tempted to do with my Rowan and Kaffe Fasset fAbrics.!!!!



So despite being full of the best intentions the projects are piling up already!!! 

The Quilt retreat to Scarborough is going ahead and we have 16 signed up so that will be great to look forward to in April. 

A good start to 2014 !!!! 
Thanks for stopping by 
Pauline 



3 comments:

  1. Love your new pillow and the hexie project is so cute , it does look like a snowflake . Lots of interesting projects to think about , I am trying not to even look at the new boms out there ;-) Happy New Year !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, lots going on! My 'To Do' list is much like yours but I have had s good start today! No stopping us now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must look for some of that quick screen vilene and try using it.
    I am a hexi -holic and have 3 different sizes on the go, so at least if the templates for one were using this method, I might know which I was making and stitching at any one time lol

    ReplyDelete