Saturday, 14 December 2013

Woe is me!!!

I am sitting here feeling very sorry for myself with a streaming cold when I wanted to be out Xmas shopping. So instead I have spent the day making mini- Xmas stockings for my daughter for her end of term party at the out of school club.  They are a new pattern from Heather Duff at Kiwi Kreations  She produces some lovely designs and these have stitched out really well.  Still have a couple more to do


Last weekend we had a lovely Xmas lunch at my quilt group and we all decided it would be good to try and get away on a weekend together so I have been busy organising it this week. We have secured a booking for April and so far 11 have committed to going so it should be a good weekend.


I have completed another two quilt tops-the Irish Chain Rose quilt  and the country style scrappy so that means I have 3 ready for quilting so as soon as I have finished all the Xmas bits and pieces I will have to try and get them quilted and finished.
I added an appliqué border of vines and flowers. 




My Santa sack exchange arrived from Linda -it's a Santa Sock with lots of lovely squashy parcels which I have to wait to open !! 



 So I hope I feel better quickly or my shopping will really be last minute as I still have a few things to get for my son and his girl friend before they arrive home next weekend. !!!
Thanks for stopping by 

Pauline

4 comments:

  1. Cute little stockings. Lovely quilts - the applique really adds to your scrappy quilt - I so need to get over my fear of doing that. Oh, hope you get better soon, nothing worse than being sick during the holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet stockings Pauline and I love your quilts , the applique really makes your quilt look special. I hope you feel better real soon ,take care and get some rest. hugs Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been busy Pauline... and your friends away trip will be fantastic I'm sure!
    I wish you a very Merry Christmas too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those little stockings are so cute, Pauline. Oh my. Love the quilt tops.
    I hope you are well soon.

    ReplyDelete