Friday, 8 November 2013

Colourul Kids Quilts

After a complete disaster at my quilt group with my I Spy quilt where I tried a split 9 patch design without thinking about the orientation of the picture blocks UHHH!  -   I had to start again and ended up with a simple block design which has worked well and I did not waste any of my picture blocks.
 
 It is backed with some lovely snuggly fleece and I hope will prove popular with little Arthur - while his new brother gets the transport quilt.

 
The transport quilt uses my favourite applique designs from KiwiKreations - I have used these before and they are lovely designs. I decided to do a strip quilt this time as I found this great fabric with trucks and lorries and did not want to cut it up too much.
 
 
There has been a blog hop this week "Just for the Boys" and there have been some great ideas for future project.
 
So just need to get these off into the post to keep these little ones cosy as the weather turns colder.
 
Now to get on with xmas cards and a few xmas gifts  plus a request for another little knitted cardigan for another friend's new granddaughter.
 
Thanks for stopping by
 
Pauline

3 comments:

  1. They are both terrific boy quilts and perfect showing along with the For the Boys Hop. We do create for those guys, big and small.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made a mess into a masterpiece! Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great boy quilts! I love them.

    ReplyDelete