Wednesday, 4 September 2013

Northumberland - Sunshine and History!

We are back from Northumberland and I have some great photos of some of the iconic views of the area.
First are some shots  on Holy Island or Lindisfarne and inside the old church which was hosting a flower festival celebrating the history of the Island.

This is the Castle on the island 


A lovely view from the abbey ruins 


The weather was brilliant and we did lots of walking   -- and eating with the friends we were with!

The beaches are so quiet and beautiful - we are definitely going back again next year for a longer holiday.

Once back I have tried to get back into finishing off some WIPs - the red and white one just needs quilting and the little tumbler table cloth is finished.  It's still very hot here in the UK - to  our surprise so it's not the weather for quilting but I want to finish off the sampler quilt this week before I start the new Irish Rose -  I spent yesterday cutting all the pieces for it




I found this lovely 30s style butterfly quilt on Pinterest - and I have  started my version by hand with my 30s fabrics and have managed 4 so far 


So looking forward for a day quilting with my quilt group buddies on  Saturday

2 comments:

  1. Glad the weather was good for your recent trip. Welcome home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great trip , I love historical places . Great quilt and love the butterfly quilt too , can't wait to see your version.

    ReplyDelete