Friday, 16 August 2013

Sunny Scarborough and sewing

Well- back home from Sunny Scarborough where I just had to visit the Sewing shop a couple of times!!   I bought some lovely fabrics having seen a pattern for a quilt using a panel of fabulous roses I have had for ages and did not know what to do with it. The pattern is called Irish Rose and so that's definitely the next big project. BUT I am pushing on with the sampler quilt and now have about a third of the blocks quilted using the quilt as you go method - otherwise it will just be too big to handle in this weather!!

 


I also finished off  this lap quilt using a Moda scrap bag and have some lovely fleece to use as backing which will make it snuggle.



This is a little buggy quilt which I made using my new book "Quick and Easy Hexi Quilts" which does not use EPP but uses circles to produce the hexi.  It works really well and was ideal to do on holiday. It is for a friend's daughter who is expecting her second baby in September. 



This is my sack for the Santa Sack Swop organised by the wonderful Cheryll at GoneStitchin - I can't show it all as my partner might peep. 



Our next trip is to Northumberland - we have not been there for 7 years as the last time we went we could not see the sea or the castle at Bamburgh for the fog for 4 days out of the 5 we were there- so here's hoping the fine weather lasts and we get some lovely sunny weather to visit some of those wonderful beaches and castles.
 I missed the Festival of Quilts this year but will be at theKnitting &Stitching Show in London in October for some serious shopping!!!
Thanks for dropping by

Pauline 

6 comments:

  1. Wow - you certainly kept busy even while on holiday. Very pretty! Your next trip sounds wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back... and of course you HAD to go to a quilt shop while away! It's mandatory! Enjoy the next trip away too ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness. You have been busy. Beautiful blocks. All of them.
    Hope the good weather holds for your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...please tell me you didn't do all that in ONE WEEK...If you did, I will be in the nearest corner bashing my head on the wall.
    After which, I will go try to get as busy and talented as you are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NOOOOO! These have all been on my WIP list for a while but I wanted to try and get some of them finished. I get bored easily so have lots of WIPs - but some times take ages to get them finished !!!!!

      Delete
  5. Wow, you have been busy. I love all your projects.

    ReplyDelete