Saturday, 13 April 2013

Spring at last!!!

Well it finally seems that spring is on its way - but even I would not be so optimistic to think it will be sunny and warm every day BUT at least we do seem to be getting some sunshine.  So managed to get  a photo of my Jewels quilt on the line. ( by the time it was loaded onto the computer it was dull and cold again!!!)



I have also finally taken a photo of the lovely prize I won from Anthea at QuiltingAntics in the draw at The Earls Court show last month.



 
It's a lovely box and inside was a gift voucher as well!!! So thanks so much to Anthea - can't wait to spend it when your web site is up and running.


I am posting a photo of all the small items I have managed to finish for our Quilt Exhibition sales table on the 11 th May next month- I enjoyed  making small things like this after struggling with big quilt  projects over the last few months.





This is a small heirloom sewing kit made on the embroidery machine.




I always enjoy Cheryll's swops over on Gone Stitchin.       And joined the Colour swop which is due for posting at the end of April .  I can't show what's in the parcel yet but my swop partner's favourite colour was green - can you tell? I hope she likes everything I have come up with.



I have been playing around with some thread stitching and have produced a series of little people and think they will look good mounted in frames for the next Art Exhibition.   I have not painted for months so need something to exhibit alongwith the felt pictures I made !!!


 

I  still have to finish off the Granny Square Honey Honey quilt so trying not to start anything new although I have some lovely Moda  and Liberty fabric calling to me from my box and lots of ideas for patterns to use.

bye for now

Pauline

6 comments:

  1. Your Jewel quilt is just lovely, congrats on such a wonderful box - that is so cute! And all you little things are marvelous - yes, working on something smaller and quicker does help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Great win!
    So many lovelies in today's post. You have been busy, girl friend : )
    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous quilt Pauline and congrats on such a gat win , have fun with the voucher . Your little art piece is incredible , sure would like to be at the show .

    ReplyDelete
  4. My colour swap is sitting on the table to go in the post this week. I love your little sewing kit, beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do beautiful work, the quilt is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your Jewels quilt. It's beautiful and the colours remind me of Sweet Peas.

    ReplyDelete