Saturday, 2 February 2013

Heavenly hexis and Dying in Snape!

Just caught the hexi bug again and have made some with the aim of adding a plain coloured outer border after seeing Wendi's on her blog at  prsd4tim2..I just love the yellow she has used but not sure what colour to use for mine yet.   I am using some of my Rowan fabrics and hope to make a table centre as I think a quilt is a bit too ambitious.!!


BUT not content with paper piercing ---  I have now started amassing crochet hexis!

I did all of these in one evening whilst watching a couple of episodes of the US series Breaking Bad-series3. My son bought us the boxed set for Xmas and we are now hooked on it.

I found a pattern for hexis on Lucy' s blog at Attic24.  But have added a further round of trebles and intend to carry on with these until I have enough for a new throw for the living room. They are so quick and easy to complete ending about 21/2 inches and  I want it to be bright and colourful to add some cheer in these miserable winter months.


Dying in  Snape!
I had a great day with the Snape Textile group - we spent the day Indigo dying and you can see my pieces drying in the bathroom last night.   Today they look really gorgeous and I think will be great for turning into bags or journal covers or for landscapes.  It was a messy technique and not something I would try at home but was great to do in a workshop and in particular to see what other people produced - especially liked the results people got on old tatty linen which they had brought - they  made some really lovely pieces.


I have finished my Blues & Reds table topper and it is going to my daughter for her new table and the Whirlybird runner is for my other set of storage drawers in my sewing room. I love this pattern from Connie at Freemotionbytheriver and have used it a couple of times now.



I have a couple of birthday cards to embroider tomorrow for friends of my mother who are 80 soon and then I am going to start the big job of quilting my Bali Chain blocks quilt. I have used these small runners to practice free-motion quilting as I want to try and add some interest to this one and not just use a simple stipple pattern.   So machine cleaned, Sunday radio to listen to and ready to go!!!

Thanks for stopping by

Pauline

3 comments:

  1. Love the small crochet hexies - I haven't crocheted in yrs, but I do remember making these. Beautiful small projects finished. Luck with the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been busy Pauline! Love those tiny hexies and you are correct your lovely colourful crochet will brighten up a room... great work there too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your hexes both fabric and crochet . Your dyed fabric is gorgeous. I sure would have loved to be at that class ! Lovely table topper and runner too , you have been super busy!

    ReplyDelete