Thursday, 28 February 2013

Bali Hi !!

I finally finished the Bali Pops nine patch quilt and it looks so good on our bed I am keeping this one.  


 It was such a nice pattern to make - from Australian Patchwork & Quilting magazine that I am tempted to do another one in a different colourway - maybe sometime in the future-  once I have made some of  the other patterns on my waiting list - a Granny Square in a Moda fabric is definitely the next one .  

My other finish is this  lap/baby quilt made from a Terrain Charm pack by Kate Spain for Moda.  I used a Disappearing Nine Patch pattern from the Missouri Quilt Company and it went together  really easily   

Again I am pleased with it as it looks so clean and fresh and even my hubby thinks its one of the best yet!!! 
 It has a pierced back and simple straight line quilting  and looks very "Modern Quilting" like- which I did not think was really me as I love more traditional fabrics and patterns  BUT this might be the start of a new direction or should I say obsession!!!. 

 I now plan to get some more Moda  at the new Knitting & Stitching Show at Olympia in 3 weeks time  during our weekend in London.

I also got an urge to some foundation piercing and have started with these two blocks- my points were not too good  on the pink star but the red and white one is much better.  They both provide a lot of white space for more free motion quilting practice. 
I think they  could make up into a couple of cushions.  

I have signed up for the "Stitch Me Up "  Blog hop during March.  Have a look at the button on the side and the blogs which will be featured -- my day is the 21st March so must get stitching and finish a few of the patterns which were provided. 
i have also joined in a linky party over at http://marciascraftysewing.blogspot.com/  so pop over and see what other shave been up to this week. 
I also plan to have a Give-Away soon to celebrate 2 years of blogging and to thank all those bloggers who are so supportive and encouraging and so generous with patterns and tutorials- so keep watching!!! 

bye for now 
Pauline 

6 comments:

  1. Lovely quilts and finishes. Look forward to the Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool quilts! Thanks for sharing at the Minutes for Me Linky Party! I fixed your link so it comes right to this post! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilts are gorgeous... just like ALL your work Pauline!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pauline, I found you through Marcia's Linky Party. I just had to stop by and tell you how much I love the Bali Pops Nine Patch quilt. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely quilts, Pauline. Terrain is such a pretty collection of fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my these are beautiful too , somehow I missed this post , gorgeous work !!

    ReplyDelete