Thursday, 3 January 2013

New Year - new starts

All visitors have gone and beds are changed and washing started BUT still time to escape to my sewing room to get some sewing done.  I finished off a little bag and crochet doll which I will be giving to a friend for her little grand- daughter who is 4 next week.


Inside the bag I have hidden the Granny square blanket which I think she will enjoy snuggling up in when she visits her Granny.


I also put together some animal blocks I embroidered before Xmas into a small quilt which again I will give to someone when finished.  The dark strips are purple not black ! 
Just need to get it quilted at quilt group on Saturday. 

Can't wait for my fabric paint thinner to arrive so that I can get on with painting my Cala lily. 
Looking forward to some great sew -alongs over the coming months. 





6 comments:

  1. The little doll/bag/afghan is a precious gift for a little girl of that age!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to see you again in 2013. HappY NeW YeaR! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pauline, your little crochet doll is fabulous! Some little girl is going to really enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooo Cute! It is good to see you here again! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your little crochet doll! Granny square blanket, tote and quilt! You have been busy.
    Hope you had a nice Christmas. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet little doll, tote and blanket. Perfect for any little girl!

    ReplyDelete