Monday, 14 January 2013

Colourful Crochet and painted quilts

Colourful creations

I have become "hooked" on crochet after discovering Lucy's blog at Attic24  - she has some great tutorials and uses wonderful colour combinations. I finshed the first blanket and have now started a second- slightly different with some small granny squares in the centre.  I also intend making her crochet flower wall hanging.  If you don't crochet have a look at her blog as she makes it so easy to follow with great pictures. Its great when the weather is cold and snowy, snuggled up as your blanket grows.



She is also organising an event in September in Skipton called Yarndale - a wool festival  which is really close to me so I am hoping to get to it !!!





Also finished my Cala Lily following the Craftsy course  " Painting Pictorial Quilts".  I have been really impressed with this course and the methods used for on-line learning.  I am now ready to do the second project which is a mountain landcape. It really appeals as it combines my love of painting and quilting in one!!

(oops Picture reversed!!)


I am also trying to add to my scrappy Trip Around the World quilt which has taken off in blogland but have only managed 6 blocks so will post as soon as I get a few more done. Like everyone else it is so addicitive and a satisfying method for a pattern I did not think I would ever do!

Pauline

10 comments:

  1. Oh Pauline the cala lily is amazing , what a great job you have done . Crocheting is a lot of fun , haven't done it in years though ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one talented lady Pauline... LOVE your painting!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your painting! Beautiful crochet piece. Looking forward to seeing your "Trip Around the World" blocks. Seems like everyone is making them :D
    I agree with Cheryll. You are a very talented lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like how you use the complementary colors- blue violet and yellow orange- to make your lily really bold and pop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your work is really nice, especially love the Calla Lily, you did a great job on it. I have considered taking that class too so now maybe I should re-consider

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Calla Lily is beautiful! The gal that teaches that came to our guild but I was dumb and did not sign up for the class. Glad to know it's on craftsy now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful crochet and your Calla Lily is beautiful! Is that painted or fabric? Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful calla lily. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Calla Lily is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete