Friday, 28 December 2012

Christmas Joys

We have had a great Christmas with our two kids and their partners - despite all the rain  but at least we did not suffer any flooding like some parts of the UK- and still have the New Year festivities to look forward to.

I was a very lucky lady as I received CD's of my favourite singer Alfie Boe and some comedy DVD's - Peter Kay and Sara Milligan which we all enjoyed watching.  

My wonderful son once again braved  RAy Stitch in London (!!!!) and bought me a bundle of Amy Butler  fat quarters - lovely delicate prints and flowers. Not sure what I will make with them yet.

Then my hubby bought me a lovely book  " Quilts from Grandmothers Garden " which is another English piercing book but using only 1/4 or 1/2 inch hexagons -the design are really lovely and I intend using some of my Liberty lawn as it will be ideal for these small hexis.  I wondered if its a subtle hint to downscale my quilting to make smaller versions !!!
The patterns will make lovely wall hangings and even  postcards.
I treated myself to a Craftsy course just before Xmas -  Painted Pictorial Quilts by Annette Kennedy. It is excellant and very well produced. I am starting with a Cala lily and now need to wait for some textile medium to arrive before I can start the painting. 



I have spent much of the time whilst with the family crocheting a lovely Granny square blanket which I found on a blog by Lucy on Attic24. She makes some lovely things using some luscious colours so I sorted out my wool and got started.  It is growing quickly and looks so rich. I've also started a bag from her site -it's getting quite addictive.  !!!!!


 

I enjoyed opening my Santa sack gifts from Melanie and can't wait to see what swaps Cheryl at stitchingcubbyhole.blogspot.com has planned for the new year. 
Happy New Year
 Pauline

No comments:

Post a Comment