Tuesday, 13 November 2012

Surprises from MR Postman!!!


Seasonal Swap Mini Quilt
I was thrilled today to receive a mini quilt from Sharon of Vrooman Quilts in Cheryll's seasonal mini quilt exchange.  Sharon has been a great "bloggy" friend since I started blogging and I always admire the work she does and the quilts she shows on her blogs. She is a very generous lady and always quick to offer encouragement so I was so pleased to now have one of her quilts.
I intend to have it on display in my sewing room all year round! It is a tiny pierced windmill design only 12 inches square so you can imagine how small the windmills are and it is so neat.


She also sent some fabulous fabric which has a map of the area in which she lives- this is so original and unique - I will have to see if I can get some made of North Yorkshire - I'm sure it would be a fun addition to send in swaps.
Another package which arrived unexpectantly was from Cheryll at Stitchingcubbyhole.blogspot who organises all these wonderful swaps I have joined- she was so kind in sending me a couple of Australian patchwork and Stitching magazines which she knows I love. It was so thoughtful of her. So more new ideas !!!!


I also received another couple of Xmas postcards from the Tradingfabric postcard group on Yahoo which  I recently joined making 5 all together - but I expect another 9 yet! .  These are lovely  little  fabric art cards and will make a great display this Xmas.


 I have also stitched out 4 of the new free designs from BFC - they are lovely whimsical birds and I am going to make a small quilt for the day nursery where my daughter works for nap times.


The postman is being kept busy and is intrugued by some of the mail arriving  from abroad!!  I am so grateful to all these kind people in blog land.

Pauline

4 comments:

  1. So happy the package arrived safely. Just adore all those sweet postcards! And your birds are lovely - great mix of fabrics to use with them, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the quilt is so sweet , Sharon does lovely work ! The postcards are delightful and will make a great display for Christmas . Can't wait to see the birds made into a quilt , great idea .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally the mags have arrived! Yippee! I'm looking forward to seeing all your projects from them. Love the MiNi...
    Again... I'm so happy you played along all year with us!
    See you in 2013. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great goodies and cards caught my eyes!

    ReplyDelete