Monday, 5 November 2012

Chain Reaction

I have been "playing " with my new machine and have completed two mini quilts for the two swaps I am involved in over at Cheryll's -  at Stitchingcubbyhole.blogspot.   But because it is Spring in Australia and my partner is in Europe like me - I have decided to make two mini quilts for my secret partner - one for spring and one for winter.  This is the winter one. 

And the Spring Mini .....


And my xmas XMASmini quilt just needs a border and binding




I have finished piercing my bali pop Irish Chain and I am  now appliquing the petals - it is not a good photo as the light is poor with the weather being so damp and foggy but I managed two flowers whilst watching Homeland last night! This is a pattern from Australian Patchwork & Quilting Magazine which I love - and even though it works out expensive  there is always at least one pattern which I fall in love with !!




I also recieved the latest parcel in the Santa Sack swop from Melanie - the sack is really quite full now and its exciting waiting to open them at Xmas!! Cheryl is quite strict and makes us wait until just before Xmas to open them!!!

Lots of interesting ideas as usual from reading blogs but must stick to finishing off the UFO's hidden in my cupboard (!!) and but also start my embroidered xmas cards which I always make for family and special friends.  

My postcards are all completed for the XMas Swop so must post them to ensure they get to all their destinations overseas.  I have also signed up for the Birthday card swop which will be good to keep going with throughout the year.  


So hoping everyone is safe after Hurricane Sandy

Pauline

6 comments:

  1. What wonderful eye candy - you must be really in sync with your new machine because you are really on a fly now!! Oh, those cards are just fantastic, what special keepsakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, colorful, fun pieces of art at your house! Quilts, cards, paintings. I love how you embrace color in your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of beautiful work Pauline ,both minis are lovely and your quilt will be gorgeous . Love all those postcards , you have been very busy. What group do you exchange postcards with ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you have received you gifts. The postcards look amazing. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. LoVe the swap gifts Pauline... so NiCe !!! And yes not long to wait to see what wonders are in that sack of yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love your little mini quilts. So cute!

    ReplyDelete