Thursday, 6 September 2012

Dresden Challenge and lots of pics!

I have entered my Dresden Fan in the Salt Lake Modern Quilt Dresden Challenge so have a look at all the lovely quilts that have been entered.  Mine was made using  fabric I bought at the Scottish Quilt Show in Edinburgh in February from CraftsandQuilts of Southport.  I love their stall at the shows and they were at Harrogate last weekend and are now doing ready-cut binding and sashing packs.  These are a great idea and I bought some to use on the large embroidered quilt I am making at the moment- more of this later.



I love they way this has turned out using the EZ Dresden Ruler and I added a wavy border as a final finish.
This quilt is for a charity raffle later this year.  I  loved the colours and prints of the fabrics in the fabric roll I used. 



My other finish is my flannel Crochet Fusion Blanket which is double sided and will make a nice present for the next baby that comes along !   This will also be a good project to use up some of my Liberty Fabrics as you don't need very large pieces and I enjoy the crocheting whilst watching tv.




I have recieved another package from Melanie in the Santa Sack Swop - the xmas tag is just beatiful. So that is two more surprise parcels for my sack.




I have entered another of Cheryll's(Gone Stitchin) swops -this one is  a black and white bag.  I am posting only a sneak preview of the one I have finished for Naomi - it will be posted to her this weekend so I don't want to spoil it for her.



Ongoing projects now include a BaliPop 9 patch which I have just started and which I am planning on making quite large as I had two packs of Balipops and I have wanted to start this for a while. It is from an advert in an amercan magazine so I have made up the pattern as best I can- it will have plain blocks in between. It is a good project for taking to the Mowbray Quilters group.



My other big project is coming along quite well - the medallion embroidered quilt. The centre embroidered panel is done and I have started the candlewick blocks for the next round. At the moment it is manageable but it will cause a few headaches I'm sure as it will be 105" sqaure when it is finished. I am using the quilt as you go method to try and make it less stressful.





So lots of projects and pictures.                                         
Must paint some pictures now for my next exhibition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pauline 

8 comments:

  1. So many lovelies, Pauline! Everything! Beautiful patterns and fabrics! Thank you for sharing pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of beautiful things to look at........your scalloped border on the dresden really shows the quilt well.......such pretty fabrics. good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome projects.Your dresden caught my eyes with that beatiful border.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many pretties! Love the scallop border on the dresden!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The wavy border on the dresden plate quilt is just the right touch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you have been really busy! Your Dresden quilt is gorgeous! =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quilts! your Dresden's are so lovely; love the curved binding and border. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely LOVE the Dresden quilt. Your work is wonderful Pauline! Especially in the embroidered Medallion..WOW!
    Such a tease with the bag too! lol :)

    ReplyDelete