Sunday, 1 July 2012

Forty Love!


I have nearly completed my latest EPP project as I have spent every afternoon and evening watching the tennis at Wimbledon. Last year we were lucky enough to win two tickets in the draw for Centre Court on semi-finals day and this was like a dream come true for me -this is me outside Centre Court.  I  played tennis  until my early 30's -until I had the children and have been a fan all my life.  To go to Wimbledon and see it live was so exciting so I met up with my son who lives and works in London  and we had a great day out. We had lovely hot weather - not like the rain this year. It is much smaller than it appears on TV and more compact but the atmosphere is fantastic.  I plan to try for tickets again next year so that we can go again. 
 On Henman Hill
Centre Court
So I  have had to be content with watching it on TV - but there has been superb coverage including two long matches until 11pm at night!! 


So lots of hand work and even some knitting. But a new toy is my lint brush which I have just got- I have had to buy a new a vacuum cleaner after only 15 months and I think it is due to all the threads which get wrapped around the sweeper brushes so this useful little gadget will pick up all the threads before I hoover the carpet.  It seems to be great so far!


I have been making a couple of things for the Santa Sack swop so can't show them yet but here are the EPP blocks completed so far.  Just the last one to finish- I think I will save it for the Andy Murray match tomorrow afternoon!

I think this might make a good quilt to send to Julie from Having Quilting Fun in Colorado for the appeal to help victims of the dreadful fires which have left people homeless in the USA. I need to get it finshed and sent off as soon as I can.  

Back to the tennis - love all!!!!

Pauline
























6 comments:

  1. We use one of those sticky rollers for clean-up after our classes, they are wonderful. Enjoy your tennis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun that you got to visit Wimbledon. And thanks for help with Julie's effort to collect quilts for the fire victims. So very kind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you've been having fun! Great to find some useful gadgets for sewing clean-up =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pauline. Congratulation! Winning tickets to Wimbledon!
    I didn't know about the effort to collect quilts for fire victims in the US. Thank you for the heads up.
    Loved your Utility Quilt in a previous post. I was going to post a comment and was distracted.
    Hope you are having a nice summer :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. My son would be so jealous , he is a huge tennis fan and that would be a dream for him to attend Wimbledon , lucky you. Your quilt looks wonderful and I also had not heard about collecting quilts for the US.
    hugs Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh lucky you Pauline... to enjoy Wimbledon first hand last year... but TV is good too...
    Great idea using a lint brush... smart cookie! :)

    ReplyDelete