Thursday, 7 June 2012

Post Jubilee!!

Now that all the "jubilation"  has died down and family have departed home it is almost time to head off for a short trip to the Lake District.  We have had such a mix of weather I just hope we are lucky and get some warm sunshine. As a consequence of all the rain I have spent a lot of time finishing off a few things and doing a lot of hand work in front of the TV!  I finished off the small quilt from Joane at Thread Head and its just right for a topper on a small bookcase.
I have  finished the small lap quilt from Carolyn Foster's book Utility Quilts - I might make some others from this book as I enjoyed the big stitch quilting.













I have started  making Dresden Fans with a fabric roll I picked up at the Scottish Quilt Show and its coming along nicely.


My other hand project is another  pattern from Sue Daly's book "English Piercing".  I'm using some Rowan and Kaffee Fassett fabrics so that its quite a lot brighter than in the book but I  have been admiring the "Swoon" blocks for a while but these are much simpler as they are paper-pierced and nice and portable.  So hope to get a few more done while we are on holiday.  


I have also been busy with items for my partner in Cheryll's Santa Sack swop - but can't show what I have made as my partner might see them!   But Cheryll is putting some pics on the site if you want a peek!
Pauline

6 comments:

  1. Oh your little sampler turned out wonderful , wasn't it a fun project ,love your color choices too. The dresdans will be beautiful and your EPP project looks very interesting and will be perfect to take along on your trip. Enjoy:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of wonderful projects! Really love the lap quilt - has a color wash feel to it, very sweet. Enjoy your trip and good weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome looking projects there. Love the Dresden plate =D

    I'm having a giveaway on my blog. Feel free to stop by and enter (if you haven't already) =D
    http://ibescheraldine.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/official-150th-post-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you get a chance to get away. Love the dresdens and the table topper too. Nice projects all round,Pauline! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pauline - such lovely projects. So sorry I didn't manage to get in on the Santa Sack Swap this year - the spring just got away from me and by the time I thought about it, it was too late. I really enjoyed our swap last year.

    I work with a British girl and we had our own Jubilee celebration at work. I even made scones, and she pronounced them the most authentic ones she had eaten here in the states. I was "chuffed".

    Enjoy your holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A career as an occupational therapy will offer you a great number of benefits, rewards and other positive factors. From one person to the next, every individual may have a different reason for getting started down this path, or for why they love it as much as they do. Check this out for the details.

    ReplyDelete