Thursday, 10 May 2012

Busy May for Me!

I had a lovely surprise package from Claire at BirdBrainsandDogtails as part of Heidi's Quilters Day Swap. She sent a beautiful zipper bag and some fat quarters.
She is setting up an Etsy shop so please have a look - she makes some lovely bags to order.

I've been busy sewing and painting  as it has been RAINING ...........it seems forever.!!!  The field at the bottom of our garden is now flooded - only the second time in 13 years since we have lived in this house - its lucky that we are about 3 foot above it!

 We were going to go away for a few days but the weather has been so bad we have stayed at home and I had lots of time for trying out ideas.   I've already made  a couple of mini wall hangings for the new swap organsied by Cheryll at GoneStitchin - so that I will be on track  over the summer while we are on holiday
.

Just showing a few peaks as I don't want to show then yet!







Then I decided to try  felting following the workshop I did recently and I have now made a couple of landscapes and a flower picture. 



I have also been painting as I sold two pictures this weekend at an exhibition and have another one in two weeks time so have to replace those I have sold.  I am always so pleased when someone buys one of my paintings. I will also put the felt pictures in the exhibition as it is a more mixed one this time and accepts textiles.



I  also joined in Joanne at Thread Head's mini sampler - she has some great tutorials and it has been a great project - but I wish I had used more scrappy fabrics rather than sticking to just two.  I might make a second as it is great project for taking away on holiday to stitch by hand.

Just waiting to add the backing and quilt it
I have been tempted to buy some new embroidery patterns at Embroidery Library for a quilt which Vicki at Vicki's Fabric Creations has showcased - it looks gorgeous so hopefully will get that started - unless of course the rain stops and we can get OUT!!!!!

Pauline

6 comments:

  1. Yes, you have been busy! So many creative outlets going. I am very impressed with your felting, you painting background seems to shine with this medium. And good luck in your next exhibition. I am so honored to have one of your paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work Pauline , love your felting and your paintings are gorgeous . Your mini is sweet and I like it in just two colors , mine is not overly scrappy either and I haven't decided on the border fabrics yet I have been cleaning house :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you've been very busy! Love the paintings they look great! The sneaky hexies look interesting. Will be waiting to see the reveal =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW... you've been busy! Love you paintings... I wish I possessed that talent. Good luck with the next exhibition. Perhaps I should get your autograph before you become FaMouS ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pauline,

    I'm so glad you received the bag and fabric I sent you. Your paintings are beautiful and I'm not surprised that you have sold some. It was fun doing the swap. I received a lovely swap gift too and will be blogging about it soon.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have really been busy! Thanks for sharing at Minutes for Me!

    ReplyDelete