Friday, 6 April 2012

Sunshine and Snow!!

Just back from a week up in the lake District where we experienced every type of weather from hot sunshine to freezing snow and a wind chill factor of minus 10C in just 7 days!!.


The snow only lasted over night and looked really wonderful the next day on the tops of the fells.  So still able to get some walking done but no painting

BUT I was able to do a felting course with  Debbie Lucas at Higham Hall.  It was brilliant- great teacher and nice group of people.  The course was Landscapes in Felt and I am now hooked!  This will be my latest obessession combining painting with wool!!!.  

 After a couple of sample pieces which will be ideal for embroidering on -we tackled a picture of our choice. I used a photo of the Langdales in autumn and I am pleased with the result.


blue sky test piece

pink test piece

The Langdale Pikes in Autumn- just needs to dry a bit more and be ironed


I am keen to do more and can see this being a new venture-  If the weather is warm enough as I will have to do it in the garage as it gets a bit  messy.  Also finished the bed runner so can get on with backing it and free motion quilting it.  It is a lovely pattern so might make another one in a different colourway as it is great to do in the evenings.  
Must try and catch up with the BOM's I have signed up for and also a swap organised by Heidi at  Handmade by Heidi.
There was a lovely notebook waiting for me when I got back from Leonie in Germany from Cheryl's Notebook swap.

So lots of ideas for new projects !!

Pauline

3 comments:

  1. Your felt pieces are beautiful!
    Sweet bed runner.
    I've missed you. I've been missing in action myself. New Kindle Fire :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work - sounds like an interesting project with the felt. Saw the crazy weather you folks were having! Always good to be home, but having a package waiting for you will be extra special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the felt landscape is so cool. I'm not a painter by any stretch of the imagination, but your felt landscape makes me want to give it a try. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete