Tuesday, 6 March 2012

River Whirl Finish

Just a quick up date as I finished off my River Whirl buggy/car seat  quilt from the pattern by Connie at Quilting by the River but changed it slightly and added an inner border.  I am really pleased at how effective it looks and quilted it with stippling plus flowery petal shapes in the whirls.  I will be deliverying it next week when I catch up with my friend for lunch.
 I think this block would also look good on a larger size quilt so might try that BUT also saw a Bull's Eye quilt on Connie's blog so have that on my list aswell!!




I have also managed to do 4 rings of the bed topper - it is a great method from Sue Daley's new book - I think this is going to look really summery. It has hexi flowers in the centres of the rings. I think hexis are my latest obession!!



Pauline

5 comments:

  1. Oh, you used a flange border - how clever and very textural. Love how you quilted it up. Your hexie ring already looks quite inspiring - but I'll leave those to you and others - I love the look of them, but they are not my thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful! Love the flange border too! I saw someone had added ties to a quilt that was a baby carrier cover, did you? I hope you'll share it!
    Quilting by the River - Linky Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how quilting changes the look of something entirely! Loving the quilt and the rings are so cute. What size are your hexies? =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the topper using hexies...it looks wonderful.. soo pretty!
    Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am seeing more and more doing hexies. So sweet! Love your colorful River Whirl buggy/car seat quilt.

    ReplyDelete